Combine Pumpkin with Chocolate Chips to make the tastiest treat
This time of year delicious pumpkin flavored desserts are everywhere. Surprise friends and family by adding pumpkin to classic chocolate chip cookies and make everyone say “yum” this holiday season.
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 cup light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup canned pumpkin purée
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 cups (12-ounce bag) milk chocolate chips
- Non-stick cooking spray or parchment paper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Coat baking sheet using non-stick spray or line with parchment paper.
- Using a mixer, beat butter until smooth.
- Beat in the white and brown sugars a little at a time, until the mixture is light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs 1 at a time.
- Mix in the vanilla and pumpkin purée.
- In a large bowl whisk together flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, and cloves.
- Slowly beat the flour mixture into the batter in thirds.
- Stir in the chips.
- Scoop heaping tablespoons of cookie dough on baking sheet.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the cookies are golden brown around the edges.
- Remove and let stand 2 minutes.
- Remove cookies with a spatula and cool on a wire rack.