The Best Ever Killer Key Lime Pie
My friends agree this Key Lime Pie recipe makes a super tasty pie. I am always being hit up for this recipe, and It’s so dang easy to make. Share it with your friends or keep it a secret and wow them at every occasion.
The Key Lime Difference
There is a major difference in taste when using Key Limes/ Mexican Limes over the more common Persian Lime. Your pie will still taste good, maybe even great but it won’t be as good as if you use Key Limes/ Mexican Limes. For more information on limes and other citrus fruits read my article, Let Them Eat Citrus.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1½ cups crushed graham crackers (about 9 full size crackers)
- ½ cup brown sugar packed
- 6 tbsp butter melted
Key Lime Filling
- 2 (14 oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
- ½ cup light sour cream
- ¾ cup key lime juice
- zest from 4 key limes
Whipped Cream Topping
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup powdered sugar
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Mix crushed graham crackers, sugar and butter in a small bowl.
- Press the graham cracker mixture into 8″ or 9″ pie plate.
- Bake 7 minutes
- Cool at least 30 minutes before filling.
- On medium speed mix sweetened condensed milk, sour cream and key lime juice until smooth.
- Add half of the key lime zest to filling mixture.
- Pour filling mixture into cooled graham cracker crust.
- Sprinkle remaining key lime zest over pie.
- Bake pie 10 minutes.
- Refrigerate pie at least 4 hours. (longer is better, over-night is best)
- Place metal bowl and whisk in freezer for at least 30 minutes before whipping heavy cream.
- Pour heavy whipping cream into chilled metal bowl.
- Add vanilla extract.
- Slowly add sugar while mixing cream and vanilla.
- Whipped cream is done when strong thick peaks start to form.
- Top pie with whipped cream in any fashion you like.
And that’s it. Super easy just as I promised. I hope you like this recipe as much as we all do. If your friends and family have taste buds it’s sure to be a hit. Please leave any comments you have for me. I look forward to hearing from you. xoxo